Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Solitude at the Singapore Art '95


In 1995, my first piece, titled 'Solitude', was exhibited at the Singapore Art '95 national exhibition held at Suntec City. It was thanks to little Jasminn Chan who had submitted my drawing and I am and I was grateful.


The exhibited pieces were listed in a book published for that exhibition. 


My piece, titled, 'Solitude'. 34cm x 24cm. Pigment ink. Eddings pigment ink pens. 0.1, 0.3, 0.5, 0.8. The overall piece took over forty hours spread over the space of months to complete.


Detailed look at the tree which is the focus and centrepiece of this drawing.

"It seems to me that today if the artist wishes to be serious...he must once more sink himself in solitude. There is much too much talk and gossip." 
Quote from Edgar Degas (1934-1917)
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment